Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Not quite that easy

This will be short and to the point. That's how I like to deal with too serious of matters. I either make light of it with a joke or shoot straight to the point. I'm one of those people who try not to be sappy, but yet I find I am still filled with much emotion and love for my people ( being friends, family, neighbors, just about anyone really).

I just lost a friend that I have had for 30 years. I am a very loyal old dog, once your mine, you stay mine forever (no matter how you feel about it). Teresa and I were friends way back in Jr high and stayed that way til the end, so she knows way too much about me. She was the "emotional basket case" friend and I was the "rock solid reality" friend. I think age has made me soft!

I had an idea that I would be sad to see her gone, but just move on with my life as I always have. Some how I am doing that but with great heart ache, which just doesn't seem like me. I always had to be strong because she was so darn emotional, without her here I guess the need to be stoic is gone.

Teresa was very strong in her own way. She fought cancer like no other. More than once she would say she was tired, but she had a list a mile long of things she wanted to get done while she was still here. Even when the doctors said she was down to a couple days she was planning a motorcycle trip with her cousin!

Okay, that's all the sap I can share. I love Teresa and will never stop thinking of her and wondering if she is watching me and laughing at my tender side.

No comments:

Post a Comment