Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cheree

While I was up at my brothers house I got to spend a lot of time with Teresa's other best friend of 20 years, Cheree. Oh I've met her before, always heard stories about her, but never "really" got to know her till the end of May. Her and Teresa were going to come to the farm this month, so I invited Cheree anyways.

What fun we had! She has never been on a farm, but don't think that makes her a prissy girl. She dove into everything with me. She even helped me pull a calf that a cow was struggling with. She got to drive a team of work horses. She helped design a back patio for us because we spend so much time grilling in the summer, and she took some great pictures at the farm.  We enjoyed the pool with my kids, and cooked up great food on the grill.

They say for everything lost, something is gained. I have to admit that gaining Cheree does soften the blow of losing Teresa. One crazy thing happened while she was here. It was a moment that her and I sat alone on the porch talking about Teresa. (Teresa had a favorite song "three birds") All of a sudden 3 birds flew down on the drive in front of us, chripped about something they had, then 2 flew aff and one remained with us for a moment longer. It's what Cheree had asked Teresa to do before she passed. Send us 3 birds to let us know you are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment