Friday, October 15, 2010

Seed Threats

It's time to buy seed for next spring.  The seed companies all give you price breaks if you pay for next years seed now.  That's fair enough for me, I have the most money right now because I just sold my crops. I want to plant regular old corn and that can be a big deal.  I was told by one company (who is owned by a chemical company) that regular corn cost $50 a bag more than their spray ready stuff.  Wow!  Another company, who is NOT owned by a chemical company can sell regular seed for $50 less than a spray ready corn.  Could it be that I am supposed to buy the spray ready so that I have to buy the spray?  And will it really take me 25 years of losing money on non spray corn before I see a profit?  We never used this spray ready corn until last year and we seem to have made money before. 

The sad truth is,  I think someone is using scare tactics to make me think I need to buy their corn.  I don't like being threatened into buying anything.  But, I will do more research before I decide.  Maybe I will lose so much money planting natural corn that I will have to invest in Monsanto just to survive.  I was told today that scientist know more than "mother nature",( isn't that a politically correct term for "God"?)

No comments:

Post a Comment