Sunday, February 3, 2013

A quality Trophy

We have spent the time that we have run the farm, perfecting it. That was my plan. Well I am proud to announce that for all the mistakes we have made, and we have made some, we are now producing the best quality milk in our 2 county area!

We were invited to a meeting by DHIA, they test each individual cow's milk production and quality for me once a month. Because I'm not all about high production, I didn't bother to go to the meeting. I didn't figure they cared about the quality I was trying to perfect. It was quite a surprise to me when a neighbor farmer called to congratulate me.

According to my farming neighbor, that I look up to as a great cattle man, I won a trophy for the highest quality in both counties and 6th place in production. What an honor that I missed out on. I guess my lesson is not to be so judgmental of those I think are judging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment