Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hank!

So I found this beagle wandering around on our main road.  Of course I was afraid he might get hit by a car.  I brought him home, locked him in a horse stall with food and water, then went checking with all the neighbors.  So far it is not looking good for me.  Everyone says he was at my intersection all day looking lost.  I think that makes him a drop off.

The next day, because I hate dogs being locked up, I turned him loose and begged him not to bolt.  He seems to be older and calm, and very grateful to have food and nice kids to run around with.  All my other dogs seem to like him, too.

We are calling him Hank and calling the vet tomorrow to have some "stuff" removed.  I hope his old owners won't mind, if they ever come looking for him.

I have to wonder...What is wrong with me?  For years I had a rule about only owning one dog, Hank will give us 4!  Age seems to brings a soft heart, or is it a soft mind?  Which ever it is, Hank seems happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment