Thursday, June 16, 2011

More kids

As some of you know, I have this knack for finding kids that want a place to stay.  Or, I should say they have a knack for finding me.  This weeks additions are Jeana's 3 year old daughter that she just regained custody of.  Yay for Jeana!!  And then there is her 18 year old cousin, Alayna that wanted to stay for the summer and do some odd jobs around the farm before she starts college in August.

I am so proud of Jeana for getting her life in order and getting her daughter back.  She has had a tough family, ready to pounce on her for failing.  Just some good old "you can do this" pep talks and a stable home is all it took to make this girl step up to responsability. Of course I think her famiy would like me to point out that "she has to prove herself to them", or "she has le them down so many times in the past", but I ask this, "which came first, the chicke or the egg".

Her daughter, Hollie is a handful of 3 year old, but it keeps the house alive and pumping!  We have already taught her that water really is better than BugJuice.  Who feeds that crap to a kid?  So should I wonder why she weighs as much as my 12 year old?

Alayna is one of the few who are here for nothing more than good intentions.  She has been a great student, never got in trouble, isn't really running from her home life, just wanting to spread her wings a bit (and maybe earn a few bucks) before she starts college.

No comments:

Post a Comment