Friday, December 10, 2010

Not exactly how I planned it......

I have been looking forward to this day at home.  I spent two days going up north to be with my dear sister in law while she saw her oncologist. Her and I have been friends for decades (before my brother ever took a shining to her), and she is fighting a great battle with stage four colon cancer.  I go to the big appointments with her.  So far the only one I missed is the only one she left totally devastate.  I won't leave her to go alone again. 

The past two days I had to run my father in law to his appointments.  Some how they seem to get scheduled in lumps and take up entire days.  At least he is always a joy to be around, that sure does help the day.

So, as I was saying, I've been longing for this day at home.  It started last evening, Sadie, our 13 year old with autism got sick.  Well she has a funny tummy and can sometimes do that and never miss a beat, so no big deal.  She even said she was better now.  Every hour through the night she repeated that, tossing her cookies and declaring to be better now.  It cost me two clean beds, her jammies, and two bedroom carpets!  So I am home today, washing bedding and shampooing carpets.

I will say this about my dear little miss Sadie, she can take being sick better than anyone I know.  She doesn't get fussy.  She can get sick, jump around to a favorite song, lay down and take a quick snooze and do it all again.  She even came to the dinner table and asked for food on her plate.  She looked at it awhile and went back to the living room.  Maybe she doesn't know she's sick, what ever is going on inside her mind, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment