Sunday, December 5, 2010

Back Home

  We are back home from Chicago earlier than I figured we would be.  There is no place to park in that city, plus a snow storm was pending.  Chicago was fun while it lasted.  We spent our second day at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.  It took the entire day to see it, tons of walking (that about did in Duane), but so many cool things to see.  They have the actual U-505 submarine that our troops captured from the Germans in 1944.  I was surprised at the amount of history we got to experience there.  Both kids loved the old steam engine train. I was a bit disappointed in their farm display.  It just promoted a lot of soy products and confinement operations.

Back home we got the Christmas tree up!  It is so much fun going to the local tree farm with the kids to pick out their tree.  Glenn wants to walk the entire farm to find the perfect tree, while Sadie says get the first one you find so we can get home to decorate it.

Then to top off all the great times, my sister showed up with her 3 youngsters, Ted 7, Tabitha 7, and Marjorie 6.  Tonight I have them for a sleep over.  It is 7:20 pm and I have them all showered and ready for a movie!  I am such a smart Aunt.  Trust me, they earned the move.  They spent the afternoon helping Glenn clean horse stalls before I would let them come in for a snack and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment