Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kitchen saga continued


Because I started this renovation without checking my handyman's schedule, he is not really available til the end of this week.  Bummer.  So to make the best of things, we are doing some experimenting.    I moved the frig back to the other side of the kitchen and put my Hoosier by the door (that was actually my original plan).  Well, you wash your hands a lot while baking.


Then I moved the frig away from the hall to the bathroom.  It gave me such a squeezed, bottleneck feeling. And instead of a work table, I picked up a china cabinet that isn't as deep as the frig, but still gives me storage.  Cathlene found this little buy for me.


 I have a 72 inch table pretending to be my island, much to my surprise it is perfect in here.  Also it will have the stools on the frig side, keeping the traffic flow out of my main cooking area.

These are the times I am so glad to have a friend that lives similar to me.  She can brain storm with me, plus she is great at detail.  I just blurt out what I need or want, and she is able to help make it work and look good.

Now I just need to get her husband over here to work his magic.  He is a great detail man himself.  I am having fun experimenting with my kitchen, but I really want pretty walls again!





1 comment:

  1. I can give advice and help you spend your money too! Love that.

    I did try this morning, on your behalf, to get said husband to come a couple of days earlier but he rejected the idea. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete