Thursday, November 4, 2010

The kitchen for a baker

I have been using a kitchen filled with cupboards and counter tops for the past few years.  I notice I don't bake as much or make fun stuff like cheeses.  I finally decided it is because of the kitchen design.  It is very hard to knead bread on a counter top when you are just over 5 feet tall, you need to be at least six feet tall for that set up. 

So, I started ripping out cupboards last week and bought a new stove, with a full size oven.  My wall oven was small and uneven.  My cakes all came out thick on one side, thin on the other.

Then I decided to rip out even more.  The top cupboards will be replaced by shelves, I like to see my stuff.

I was going to put my Hoosier cupboard in the kitchen for baking, then I decided to move the frig to that spot and give myself an entire baking zone.  Now that I see about what I will have I am on the lookout for the right island.

Now that I have a feel for how it will be, I have my favorite handyman on his way to make it look good!  His wife is also quite the decorator and she will be drug into it to help me decide on some final touches. 

1 comment:

  1. i'm drooling over your baking setup.. oh my word.. we'll have to come over and make cookies with you! :)

    ReplyDelete