Friday, February 17, 2012

Way better cow feed!

We have a new nutritionist team; Steve Fitzner and Aaron Park are my new best friends! These two are not just good at what they do, they understand that I don't want to be a conventional, commercial dairy farm. They are really helping me get stuff done the way I want it. Most guys act like I am crazy and it can't be done. These two don't even bat an eye.

We also have our chickens on an all natural, antibiotic free feed. Better eggs for all!

I am so pumped up about getting the cows out on pasture again this spring. I am totally pleased with the way things are going. I really want to thank all my cow share holders for your support! We are making huge steps in the right direction. Now that I have the cows diet in order, I will set my heifers up with proper facilities. At that point, I will begin to redo the parlor. I have big ideas for a better place to milk the cows, as well as a better place for you all to gather your milk. It will take me some time, but it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment