Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chickens

Glenn loves his chickens! We now have our chickens eating feed from the new feed company. They are on an all natural chicken feed, no antibiotics, no GMO. How cool is that- better eggs for all of us! Remember to grab some of his farm fresh eggs when you are at the farm.

Glenn has a ledger and has to keep track of his income and expenses from the chicken operation. He also mows a few lawns and snow blows driveways if we have any snow. I think it is important for kids to learn how to take care of money, especially if he wants to take over a farm business. I don't think our economy would be in such bad shape if more people knew how to take care of their money.

This picture is not his laying hens, these are his pets.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty awesome. Way to go Glenn, making some money.

    I really miss chickens. Definitely my favorite farm critter.

    I see you're getting a website going. That is awesome. If you ever need any help with anything let me know! I started my own business and do this full time now.

    ReplyDelete