Friday, September 3, 2010

It's in the bag


We have been saving our wheat seed for years and planting some back the following year.   Because I am such a naturalist at heart, and like the old ways, I love that my father in law does some of this stuff.  So here is the neighbor and the owner of the cool bagging machine watching the seed trickle from the gravity wagon and enter his machine. 
His machine is on a trailer bed to make it all portable.  He has recycled parts from an old mill and it's made into this cool  seed cleaner, sorter, and can even treat your seed if you like.  He can do the standard bag size, or as you can see next to my lovely dump truck, he can fill the huge bags we sometimes use nowadays.  On the other side of the machine, he has another auger that will dump it into another gravity wagon for you.  My father in law was tickled to see it because it reminded him of an old thrasher.  This is the first time we've had our seed cleaned and bagged.  In the past, he gathered it and left what he needed in the gravity wagon till the next spring.  When I get the bill and then my next years yield, we will see if I am still excited about this machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment