Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My date

I took my father in law to his appointment so he took me out for ice cream.  We went to one of his favorite places, The Parlour in Jackson.  We just got a little something to share.  This banana split has 6 scoops of ice cream.The Parlour has been around for years.  It used to be where the Milligan milk went to be turned into butter, ice cream, or bottled.  They haven't done all that in years.  They were still selling butter when I moved to Jackson 20 years ago, but not for the last 10 years.  I guess too many people eat that yellow grease they call oleo.  (I can believe it is NOT butter)They still have great ice cream though.  They have a "Dare To Be Great" that includes 21 scoops of ice cream.  If you can eat the entire thing yourself, it is free.  They will also put your name on the wall under the list of successes.  the side for attempts is getting full, so make sure you are really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment