Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trying something new

Today I showed my husband and father-in-law my latest plan for the farm. Knowing that these two men hate change more than anyone I've ever met, I came prepared with lots of information and ready for complaints. The biggest surprise of my life is that they both like my idea. (Should I be scared?) So here is my plan. I love drinking wholesome, fresh, raw milk. I believe as long as it is cared for properly, it is the best drink for you. I want to share that with others who aren't fortunate enough to have a dairy farm. Michigan law says selling raw milk is illegal. So I am going to sell my cows instead. Not let them leave, just sell people cow shares and then they can pay me to take care of their cow and pick up their cow's milk. Have you ever made whipped cream with fresh cow cream off the top of fresh milk? You will never look at cool whip again once you've tried the real stuff. Or how about some homemade mozzarella cheese in 30 minutes? That is crazy good stuff. I will not be running a bottling company. People will be responsible for their own jars, and sanitizing them. We will just continue to care for our cows and keep our milk safe and cold. We are, after all a Michigan licensed and inspected grade A dairy farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment