Monday, March 11, 2013

Say Cheese!

I used to make cheese all the time, but when we moved out of the old farm house I got rid of most of my supplies. I think your home can affect your mood. This house was not homey, or homestead material, and I hated the kitchen.

I finally pulled out the old (modern)kitchen a couple years ago and made it look like a very functional farm kitchen. I love working in my kitchen now. The next problem was that I had let someone buy my cheese equipment.

I finally ordered new equipment. So far I have a white cheddar drying and a gouda drying. I will wax the cheddar Wednesday and let it start it's six month aging process. The Gouda will get smoked before I wax it. I love smoked Gouda!

My sister in law, Cherie was here for the first batch of Mozzarella. It's so much fun making cheese, now she is hooked.

Now one of our employees wants me to make cheese for them for Christmas. I might be able to do something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment