Monday, October 22, 2012

Was that just a bad dream....asks the hen

I have been complaining about a hen that always get out and sleeps in my garage. I guess she got the message and moved to another shed. One without lights! I decided to take the spare car to the farm at 4am to run the cows off the pasture. Just after I pulled out of the drive I heard something fall off the car (maybe a branch?). On my way back to the house I saw something on the side of the road, but it's still dark out. I got half way up the drive (ours is rather long), when it hit me.....was that a chicken? I back down the drive and head down the road to find a hen sitting on the edge of the road, still. I stop and get out to take a look. She's alive, but kinda laying on her side, and it obviously scared the you know what out of her because there is a pile of it behind her. Story ends with the hen realizing she is not dead, it was a night mere, she jumps to run, I catch her, carry to the car, bring her home and put her back in the coop where it is safe to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment