Thursday, April 26, 2012

Farm Kids

My favorite time of day has been my quiet time, moving the cows out of pasture all by myself. Just me and the girls moving slowly back to the barn. I love hearing their feet drag throught the grass, it sounds like a flock of birds taking flight. I compare it to that because one day at 4 in the morning when I went to get the girls it was only a partial moon and I had forgot my flashlight. When the herd first took off walking I thought I had actually stirred up a flock of birds before I realized it was the cow legs draging in the tall grass, not wings flopping in the air.

Now I bring Sadie with me in the afternoon to gather the girls for the evening milking. Sadie loves it, and the cows really seem to enjoy her as well.
 

I have also handed Glenn the job of putting the girls out on pasture. Glenn has big ideas of taking over this farm, so it might as well start sooner than later, or so Glenn thinks.

I am so greatful to be able to give this lifestyle to our children. It is a lot of work, and it is

No comments:

Post a Comment