Monday, March 14, 2011

Gas Prices

I am no politician, but I have been doing some thinking.  I don't really like paying so much for my fuel, and don't forget, my living is dependant on a lot of tractor hours.  I also would like nice clothes that don't cost much.  I would love my income to be high and my expenses to be nearly non existent!!!  But life just doesn't seem to work that way.

Should we use ethanol?  I know that when farmers make money on a crop, the next year they flood the market with it.  Look at how many farmers are installing irigation systems after last years high prices. I sure don't think we will starve because of it.  Plus, we only used half the fertilizer last year (to save costs) because crop prices have been so low, we won't this year.

Should we drill?  I don't, but I don't plan on going Amish right away, and I don't love getting it from people who hate my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment