Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quality Milk Award

Yesterday was the anual award meeting for our milk co-op, NFO.  Lots of talk about the crazy grain prices, the hopes for milk prices, and what the government might do to put quotas on dairy farms.  That's the way they do it in Europe and Canada.

But the end of the meeting was for handing out awards.  I was quick to point out that we were not due for one.  I ride the guys pretty hard about all the improvements that I'd like to see.  Then, to my suprise and delight, we heard our name called for an award.  We recieved a plack in honor of our high quality milk.

Our average somatic cell count for the year 2010 was less than 220,000.  That really makes me happy, considering we only had the farm for 7 months.  Our employees have been a great help in reaching new levels of quality on the farm. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations Cindy! Sounds like things are going really well at the farm. I like your blog also. Just found it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. We ship to NFO as well, one of only a few farms around who do. I just happened to stumble upon your blog...very nice.

    ReplyDelete